Our crematory is Vermilion County’s newest, most state of the art cremation facility. Located at 3901 N. Vermilion St. in Danville, the crematory sits on the grounds of Sunset Memorial Park. It offers a spacious witness area ensuring your final time spent with your loved one is comfortable. Our crematory has seen many families witness their loved one’s cremation as well as different types of services related to specific religious rituals. Whichever style is your preference, the Sunset team will handle all requests. It is what we do, because it is who we are, and because we care.
10 Reasons Why You Should Choose Sunset Crematory:
1. Sunset has been performing cremations since the 1970’s. We are the area’s true experts.
2. Our modern on-site-crematory ensures that your loved one never leaves our care. Our modern and full service funeral homes are equipped to host any type of service your family desires. Whether it be a large celebration, intimate gathering, or a memorial service, it all can be handled right here by our professionals. You will never be directed off site and asked to facilitate your own service.
3. We offer ceremonial (rental) caskets for public visitation, intimate gatherings, and services. This results in a significant savings to your family.
4. Our witness chapel allows your family to be present as we begin the cremation process. This removes doubt and provides your family with peace of mind.
5. Our witness chapel is exquisitely decorated and provides your family with your own restroom to ensure complete privacy during your experience.
6. Each cremation is performed with love and care by our licensed funeral directors who are also certified cremationists. We are also the experts in performing cremations and services for many different religions. Our staff will ensure that your religious preferences are strictly adhered to and followed.
7. Each cremation follows our Sunset Secure Cremation Process. A strict set of procedures which includes multiple checks and balances during the cremation process to ensure that your loved one’s remains are delivered to your family. This set of procedures set the standard for the State of Illinois Comptroller's auditors.
8. We are always available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
9. Our crematory is immaculate, and you are invited to tour by simply giving us a call.
10. Our crematory only performs cremations for Sunset families. We do not hire out our services to any other funeral firms.