A funeral service is a special time for family and friends to comfort one another, begin to find healing and celebrate a life. Whether you choose burial or cremation, you can hold a gathering to honor your loved one. We are happy to provide a more traditional ceremony or something completely unique. Many cultures and religions have special traditions and we will do our best to accommodate your requests. This is a moment for you and your family and we are honored to help you in any way that we can.
Just like a funeral service, a memorial service is a time to remember your loved one. This can be held shortly after death or weeks later, with or without your loved one physically present. What’s important is that it creates a time and a place for family and friends to gather together and support one another, share memories and pay their respects. We can hold a memorial service at our funeral home, the final resting place, your home or other venue.
A casket burial is a service with many options you can choose from. We can provide you with a wide range of options to help you make a selection specific to your needs; a visitation, viewing or wake with a closed or open casket; a funeral service at our funeral home, church or private home and a graveside service at a cemetery. You can choose whether you’d like a public or private service or a combination. It is entirely up to you how you wish to pay your respects.
Please keep in mind that choosing cremation does not diminish the value of a wonderful life. In fact, cremation opens the door to many different and unique options to honor your loved one. Cremation, like burial...is simply the disposition of the physical body of the deceased. It does not preclude you from having a Remembrance Gathering or creating a permanent memorial in a cemetery, mausoleum, or cremation garden that can be visited regularly by family and friends.
The Darby Family and staff at Sunset Funeral Homes are the leader's in performing cremations and offering unique cremation services. Big Jim Darby had the vision to offer the cremation process to Central Illinois by building Sunset's first Cremation Center back in the mid 1970's. No one in the area has a longer tenure of providing your family with the best in class when it comes to offering cremation services.
In 2016 Sunset built it's newest Cremation Center on the grounds of Sunset Memorial Park in Danville, IL.
10 Reasons Why You Should Choose Sunset Cremation Centers:
1. Sunset has been performing cremations since the 1970’s. We are the area’s true experts.
2. Our modern on-site-crematory ensures that your loved one never leaves our care. Our modern and full service funeral homes are equipped to host any type of service your family desires. Whether it be a large celebration, intimate gathering, or a memorial service, it all can be handled right here by our professionals. You will never be directed off site and asked to facilitate your own service.
3. We offer ceremonial (rental) caskets for public visitation, intimate gatherings, and services. This results in a significant savings to your family.
4. Our witness chapel allows your family to be present as we begin the cremation process. This removes doubt and provides your family with peace of mind.
5. Our witness chapel is exquisitely decorated and provides your family with your own restroom to ensure complete privacy during your experience.
6. Each cremation is performed with love and care by our licensed funeral directors who are also certified cremationists. We are also the experts in performing cremations and services for many different religions. Our staff will ensure that your religious preferences are strictly adhered to and followed.
7. Each cremation follows our Sunset Secure Cremation Process. A strict set of procedures which includes multiple checks and balances during the cremation process to ensure that your loved one’s remains are delivered to your family. This set of procedures set the standard for the State of Illinois Comptroller's auditors.
8. We are always available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
9. Our crematory is immaculate, and you are invited to tour by simply giving us a call.
10. Our crematory only performs cremations for Sunset families. We do not hire out our services to any other funeral firms.
To take an online tour of the area's most modern and state of the art cremation facility click on this link: https://www.fhwebsites.org/sun/sunset-crematory
At Sunset, we understand the importance of honoring all lives, and know your cherished companions are an important part of your family and deserve the same care. We are proud to offer you and your furred and feathered friends: